Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Germ of an idea for a blog

Yesterday I wrote this message to current members of groop:

"All of this is both gross and entertaining. I think we should share it with the public. I think we should start a groop blog called groop in which we all contribute entries about our writing process, weird dreams, groop critique summaries, ideas for writing, psychological break-thrus etc. We can engage our farflung correspondents. We can list books by groop members on the side and make money for our next publishing ventures. We can promote our work and ourselves and get ourselves exposed, 2.0 style. We can self-publish our flash fiction and short stories and poems using creative commons licenses so that they get spread far and wide. Christian can promote Skidoo. We can link to our author tours using www.booktour.com. We can promote Books, inc. in Alameda on a regular basis. We can hold a contest to pick the title of Bridget's book (thereby attracting her the big publisher her book deserves). We can do capsule reviews of the last favorite book that we read.

"Discuss."

Now here we are.

7 comments:

Benjamin Russack said...

so do i discuss it here or do i just post another blog? the order of operations on these things always confused the hell out of me. When to post? when to comment? When to do both? I made some amazing kambucha. I should sell it. It's a totally new flavor, like red bull. Wait. Sorry. The caffein is really *in me* right now and I can't focus on writing, which I dont want to do because my hormones are raging even though I'm 33. Help. Help? I'm reading "The Diving Bell and the Butterfly" which the paralyzed Jean-Dominique Bauby wrote by blinking his left eye a whole lot of time. Many kudos to him.

mj said...

i'm in.

marika said...

Hi. Sorry to you to whom I have been BAD and out of touch. But I'll be in sf for 4 months starting aug. 27. I miss you! And I suck because I haven't written a thing except choreography notes in 2 years.
See you (bay area folk) soon, I hope.

Jen said...

MJ, how're the babies? how're you??

Marika, glad you'll be back in town.

Ben, good story last night.

Yay for virtual groop!

Nick said...

I'd really like some of the Zachary's from last nite right now.

Ella C. Rotta said...

Ben,

My opinion?

Comment: "so do I...when to comment?"

Blog entry: "I made some amazing...Many kudos to him."

Blog on.
-L

Benjamin Russack said...

Rotta, bringing post modern back to the internet. I mean berkeley.