Thursday, September 25, 2008

Internal Consistency

Well, it seems that the administrator's account is gone forever. I have no idea what this means but I'm not the only one with this issue and Google is so far of NO HELP. A pox upon their "campus"... unless they come through. And I'll be fair if that's the case.

We read more of Jeremy's Debris. He was already inhouse when I arrived after bocce. I simply walked up to him, hugged him, and told him he was going to be our next member to be published. Speaking of which, Nick continues to share insider bookseller buzz on Nami Mun's book. And indeed there is a buzz.

But back to Jeremy. I would say Jen levied the deepest critique. It started with, "Anytime some guy wants to beat his daughter, I'm fine with it, but..."

This is what happens with fiction. It doesn't have to be morally acceptable as long as its internally consistent.

In other news, Jen has written 100 pages. She fears that the pages are not 100 pages toward a novel but 100 pages toward writing toward a novel. You know when you have to write and write and write in order to figure out what to write about?

Both she and Nick are in the queue, but we first anticipate reading words from our newbie. Meanwhile, does anyone want to read my personal essay for b-school?