Saturday, January 10, 2009

Changes to the Blog?

As I've reported here before, I made some key tactical errors when I set up this blog. Stupid me, I created an email address and password on the old Blogger for our entire blog group to use instead of just making everyone administrators. So I had the administrator account and an author account. I mainly used the author account, so somehow the administrator account was orphaned during a Google technical upgrade. In other words, this blog no longer has an administrator, and I can't get through to Google to get administrator privileges. Google makes it pretty much impossible to contact them directly and a post to their help forum hasn't received one iota of comment.

What does this mean, practically? It means that I can't add Nami Mun's new book, Miles from Nowhere, to the sidebar of this blog. And when Bridget's book comes out, same thing. Same for Marco's book. And Nick's and Jeremy's.

Therefore, my proposal is to create a new blog with a big posting on this site redirecting our readers over to the new blog. Obviously, we won't be using Blogger software for it! I know that a few people do link to us, but I hope that either those links will be updated or users coming to this site will see our new location.

And all contributors to this site will have administrator privileges! And I will learn how many i's and e's there are in the word privileges!

Comments on this plan? Let's just say this. Unless I hear major objections, I'm going forward with it in a few weeks. Hold your photos of Nami Mun's book tour until then.

No comments: