Sometimes we're just so happy to see each other, and one thing is better than the other, but the list of bests for this week were:
10. Marika's first first date of the day. Not a creep! (Always good.)
9. Roxie REALLY loved her bone, so it seems worthwhile to include this on the list. We can't forget our four-legged friends.
8. The new painting of a church that Jen has mounted over her bed. This area is now known as the sanctuary. Don't you forget it.
7. The fact the Jeremy had a stack. We love it when we get actual printed manuscripts to carry home in our book bags also full of Bridget Hoida and Nami Mun novels.
6. The chocolate cake with chocolate cream cheese frosting I made for Nick's birthday. I mean, let's face it. It was pretty darn good, especially considering I had only two hours notice. A little melty, but that's to be expected when you frost before the cake has cooled...
5. Jeremy's revised second version of the first part of the first chapter. We totally pictured the gesture that the angel made when he fell out of the sky this time, and exactly what happened when the main character bolted out of the Starbucks. All sorts of good revisions just like this.
4. Marika's second first date of the day. Also not a creep.
3. The car ride. Wait! Jeremy hasn't written that yet, but we know it's going to be GREAT.
2. Nick as M.C. Happy birthday, Nick!
1. We loved the Russian heroine on heroin so much. We loved being inside of her brain.