Monday, January 28, 2008

Writing Exercises

My notes from the first meeting of groop in 2008 can be re-purposed as writing exercises. Your submission of 350 words or less is due February 28. The winning short short story or beginning of a short story or beginning of a novel or poem or diatribe or autobiography will be posted to the website and will receive a secret prize (to be disclosed when we also reveal our get-rich-quick can't-believe-no-one-else-is-doing-this scheme in a few weeks.)

1. Start a story with the line: "One day, my grandmother decided that I should collect bells." (Jen)

2. White lies. Your thoughts? (Unattributed)

3. How do you put leaves on the poet tree? (Nick)

I look forward to your submissions.

In other headlines: Ben Delivers Delicious Narrative Voice and Nick Forgiven for Forgetting Stack

1 comment:

Jen said...

okay seriously, I guess I should be able to pull off 350 words in 8 days, eh? Come on people, we can do this!