Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Groop Holiday Party

Here we are. Where are you?

Books exchanged:

Nights in the Gardens of Brooklyn by Harvey Swados (given by Marika, received by Matt)

L'Amante Anglaise by Marguerite Duras (given by Jen, received by Jeremy)

Steppenwolfe by Herman Hesse and Black Dogs by Ian McEwan (given by Nick, received by Marika)

They Came Like Swallows by William Maxwell (given by Matt, received by Nick)

The Yellow Dog by Georges Simenon and The Saint of Incipient Insanities by Elif Shafak (given by Ella, received by Jen)

The Average American Male by Chad Kultgen (given by Jen, received by Marika, stolen by Ella)

As you can see, there was only one steal. Goes back to a groop evening long ago when Nick made one of his bookstore employees, the one with the accent, read the first page, over speakerphone.

Ella had to have it.

By the way, did you know that some people like having sex? Yeah. You missed out.

3 comments:

Benjamin Russack said...

who the hell is the girl in the large glasses? Doesn't she know about that Dorothy Parker poem? Wait, I'm attracted to chicks in glasses. Hold on. Okay. I'm good.

jhr_151 said...

Wowsers. I had a ridiculously good time last night. And yet it must be a Christmas miracle, because I'm not hungover. All I can say is, you should have been there.

Happy holidays to everyone. Thank you for making my life a lot more fun and my writing a little more competent. (Which reminds me ... did we ever nail down a date for our first meeting next year?)

JSR said...

well THAT ripped a big hole in my heart. so many memories of gifts given, gifts stolen, drinks drunk and nogs nogged. miss you guys! come to new york! happy holidays all!